- The Audio Mixer as Creative Tool in Musical Composition and Performance, BEM , Publisher: Institute of Electronic Music and Acoustics (IEM), Graz, Austria – paperback available at IEM, free pdf download.
ARTICLES & FEATURES
- Collidoscope – How was this made? (link). Published in ACM Interactions Volume 25 (2), March-April 2018, ACM New York, NY, USA.
- Demo Hour: Collidoscope (link). Published in ACM Interactions Volume 25 (1), January-February 2018, ACM New York, NY, USA.
GeneralPurpose: Thoughts on Designing Successful Tabletops. (link). Presented at: The Disappearing Tabletop @ ACM ISS 2017, Brighton, UK.
- Polymetros – How was this made? (link). Interview published in ACM Interactions Volume 21(3), May-June 2014, ACM New York, NY, USA.
- Demo Hour: Polymetros (link). Feature published in ACM Interactions Volume 21(2), March-April 2014, ACM New York, NY, USA.
- N. Marquardt, F. Brudy, C. Liu, B. Bengler, and C. Holz. 2018. SurfaceConstellations: A Modular Hardware Platform for Ad-Hoc Reconfigurable Cross-Device Workspaces. (link) In Proceedings of the 2018 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI ’18). ACM, New York, NY, USA, Paper 354, 14 pages.
- B. Bengler and N. Bryan-Kinns. 2015. “I could play here for hours..” (thinks the visitor and leaves): Why People Disengage from Public Interactives. In Proceedings of the 2015 ACM SIGCHI Conference on Creativity and Cognition (C&C’15). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 177-180.
- B. Bengler & N. Bryan-Kinns. 2014. In the Wild: Evaluating Collaborative Interactive Musical Experiences in Public Settings. In L. Candy & S. Ferguson (ed.), Interactive Experience in the Digital Age. Springer. 169-186.
- B. Bengler & N. Bryan-Kinns. 2013. Designing collaborative musical experiences for broad audiences. (link). In Proceedings of the 2013 ACM SIGCHI Conference on Creativity and Cognition (C&C’13). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 234-242.
- B. Bengler. 2015. Let’s Walk Up and Play! Design and Evaluation of Collaborative Interactive Musical Experiences for Public Settings. (link) PhD Thesis. Publisher: Queen Mary University of London, London, UK.